Thu, 16 Nov|
4 day silent zen meditation and yin yoga retreat in bali
traveler, path and destination all merge into silence from where they reappear as singular expressions of the wholeness of life....... a time of slowing down, dwelling in and creating deep connections with self, others and the world through the practice of zazen and yin yoga.
Time & Location
16 Nov, 3:00 pm GMT+8 – 19 Nov, 3:00 pm GMT+8
Kabupaten Gianyar, Jl. Ganduh No.2, Kerta, Kec. Payangan, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80572, Indonesia
About The Event
Join us at The Yogi's Garden, in Payangan, Bali for a 4-day / 3-night silent zen meditation and yin yoga retreat.
The entire retreat will be spent in silence and the schedule will include zazen (seated meditation), kinhin (walking meditation), mindful walking in the surrounding nature, Yin Yoga, and talks by Hamid.
We will have a group meeting on the last day of the retreat during which time we can share and open up with regard to whatever we have processed during the meditation sessions and our time of inner retreat. After the group meeting, there will be a Balinese purification ceremony with which the retreat ends.
We can explore further different aspects of the teachings to offer a framework to help you make better sense of your experience, so as to support incorporating it into your daily lives. This is an opportunity to spend time away from distractions and dedicate yourself wholeheartedly to meditation. When the ripples of an over-active mind are calmed as you focus your attention on the present, the look you take at your life deepens.
Connecting your mind through Zen meditation will help you see the world and yourself with a greater sense of clarity. 7-day intensive silent meditation retreat with dharma teachings, group encounters, and yin yoga.
ABOUT THE FACILITATORS
Hamid has been a student of Zen for thirty years and was ordained as a monk in 2000. He is a disciple of Zen Master Ryotan Tokuda who in 2011 gave him sanction to teach. Hamid is a counsellor in practice. He has spent over fifteen years in India and Indonesia where he has taught meditation, philosophy, and comparative spirituality. He first came to Bali in 2012 where he is living now. The talks he gives during the retreats are inspired by both Eastern and Western spiritual traditions, particularly Zen Buddhism. Hamid considers his life work to be writing poetry.
ABOUT THE RETREAT CENTRE
The Yogi’s Garden offers a unique experience of “the real Bali” at their private retreat, wellness, and educational center set within a working farm less than an hour from bustling Ubud.
Let your eyes soak in the views of Bali's farmland, jungle, and mountains – especially the great Mt. Agung. When the sky is clear, this holy mountain is visible from the yoga shala, dining area, and the main guest residence, as well as many special lookout spots tucked around the property.
All the meals served at the retreat are from vegetables sourced from their own organic farm.
check-in from 12 pm
3 pm opening ceremony/ instructions
5: 30 pm entering silence
5:30 - 6: 30 zazen
6:30 pitfire gathering
7 pm dinner
8 - 9:45 pm zazen
July 29 and 30
6 am wake-up
6:30 - 8:15 zazen
9:15 am yin yoga
10:45 am break
11:15 am - 1 pm zazen
1 pm lunch
1:30 - 3:30 pm rest
3:30 - 4:30 pm walk in nature
5 pm tea time
5:30 - 6:15 talk
6:30 pm pitfire gathering
7 pm dinner
8 - 9:45 pm zazen
6 am wake-up
6:30 - 8:15 zazen
9:15 - 10:30 am yin yoga
11 - 12 pm zazen
12 pm breaking silence/ closing ceremony
12:30 -1:30 pm fire purification ceremony
1:30 pm lunch
3 pm retreat ends/ check-out
The cost starts from 575 euros and depends on accommodation type. A deposit of 200 euros will be required to secure your spot with the balance to be paid 30 days before the start of the retreat.
The following accomodations are available:
The Taj is Yogi Garden’s 8 room, Indian design-inspired main guest residence. All rooms have beautiful jungle views and windows facing Mount Agung. There are several accommodation options in the Taj:
- 1 person shared twin room (725 euros): Spacious shared deluxe twin en suite room with private veranda, private toilet and shower. Amenities include: refrigerator, hot water kettle with tea/coffee, shower stocked with soap, shampoo, hairdryer, A/C and fan.
- 1 person or 2 people sharing a private room (1300 euros): Spacious private deluxe double ensuite room with private veranda, private toilet and shower. Amenities include: refrigerator, hot water kettle with tea/coffee, shower stocked with soap, shampoo, hairdryer, A/C and fan.
- 1 person sharing a four person dorm rooms (575 euros): Four guests per room. Shared toilets and showers in the hallway. Luxurious, "not-your-average" bunk beds: Rooms have Aircon and fan, hot water kettle with coffee/tea station and locking cabinets for each guest.
The Lumbung is surrounded with a beautiful jungle view and nice airflow. It composes 3 traditional huts in single occupancy all with private verandas. Shared toilets and showers in the dormitory area on Taj. Hairdryer and Fan by request, hot water kettle with tea/coffee station, locking cabinets for each guest.
- 1 person private single room (600 euros)
The Gladak comprises 3 rooms in a Javanese design-inspired wooden house, surrounded by beautiful garden views. There is a private bathroom in each room.
- 1 person sharing a twin en suite room (675 euros)
- 1 person or 2 people sharing a private en suite double room (1350 euros)
Spacious single room with wooden furniture, ceiling fan, big windows, and stunning jungle view. Shared showers and toilets in the corridor.
. 1 person in single occupancy (700 euros)
NUMBER OF PLACES
Limited to 30 people.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- All meals from dinner on the first day of the retreat to lunch on the final day
- Yoga matts and props
- Meditation cushion (if you have a preferred cushion for meditation, we recommend bringing your own)
- Accommodation and bedding
- Instruction on meditation technique
- Meditation and yoga each day
- Dharma talk each day
- Travel insurance
- Transfers to retreat centre
- Massages: Massages are 200k indonesian rupee for one hour balinese massage. You can book as many as you want during the retreat.
PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICY
The cost for the retreat starts at 920 euros and depends on the accommodation type. A deposit of 200 euros is needed to secure your place and the balance is payable by bank transfer 30 days before the start of the retreat.
- Up to 30 days before the retreat: Your deposit is non-refundable, but we will refund any balance you have paid.
- Less than 30 days before the retreat: The deposit is non-refundable and your balance can be transferred to a future retreat of your choice.
Secure your place with a 200 euro deposit. The balance is payable 30 days before the retreat and the cost depends on your accommodation option.